Monday, October 13, 2008

Stacy and Scott's Wedding

On rare occasion, I will have a bride and groom hire me without ever having met me. Scott and I had a few conversations over the phone, and from that I learned of his interest in photography. It was obvious that photography was one of the most important elements of his special day. I happen to believe that photography is a personal and intimate thing. It is very important to me to make a connection with my clients. Unfortunately, time did not allow for it in this case. Scott had a great idea to e-mail me a few pictures of him and Stacy and his family so at the very least I would know who they were when I arrived. He also informed me that he and Stacy had a beautiful little boy named Spencer whom has more piercing eyes than his Mommy (which was hard to believe at first).

When Jennifer and I arrived at The Island Hotel in Newport Beach (where Stacy got ready), we hoped for the best before we entered, and when we knocked at the door it was like entering into a dream. Not only was she "super-model" gorgeous, she was charming and a pro in front of the camera. I had a blast photographing her.

Stacy and Scott exchanged vows at the Bahia Corinthian Yacht Club, an intimate setting overlooking the harbor. The details of Stacy's day were very important to her as she designed mostly everything and dedicated all of her time to this portion of the wedding. Her colors were blue, orange and white accented with seahorses and seashells. It was so fresh, vibrant and beachy...perfect for the location.

After the ceremony, Stacy shouted, "That was so much fun...I want to do it again!"

What a wonderful experience it was to work with this lovely couple. The love that they have for one another was quite apparent. They had mentioned to me that the marriage was a long time coming...well, I am happy for them that it finally came. Congratulations to you!

Please enjoy some of my favorites from their BIG DAY!





















































3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That wedding was so much fun! They were so adorable...and yes she was a pro in fron of the camera...too bad I wasn't around during her portrait session, looked like a blast!

Anonymous said...

Wow, really great pictures!

Anonymous said...

Is the bride a model? Wow, Great pictures.