Wednesday, June 04, 2008

1930's Boudoir

Had a Brilliant time photographing this fun, fun, fun photo session. I've been wanting to shoot a 1930's French Inspired Boudoir for some time now. As a photographer that primarily shoots weddings, events and portraits, I am limited to capturing images of what I see happening. But, when I have a chance to capture stills from my imagination, it's like having an outer body experience. While it was quite challenging, I am happy with the final outcome.

I'd like to thank the wonderful people that dedicated their time and beautiful items to this photoshoot, including my friend Ray whom I love planning these photoshoots with. Thanks for helping me make this happen. I can't wait for our next adventure:
Leanna Flecky of Collective Closets - Wardrobe Stylist
Kirsten Fox of Castle Brides - Hats (veils)
Tessa Stull - Makeup
Kali Hana - Hair
Jessica Lowe - Model
Tiffany Shiau - Model

Click here to see a preview (and turn on the volume).

15 comments:

Tiffany said...

Love the lighting! It was a lot of fun and I would love to work with Vanessa and Ray again :) Thanks for putting up the pics so soon after shoot. I've got a lot of respect for quick turnaround.

Kirstin Fox said...

Vanessa,
This shoot was way way way above what I even hoped it would be. Thank you so so much for the hours you poured into making such fantastic photos. These are going to be perfect for the launch of our new collection in the fall.You are an amazing photographer! I couldn't be more pleased.

Anonymous said...

Vanessa -
Perfection, and nothing less - & I love the song! I'm amazed at what you captured, and the last hour made it!
I'm honored to have been a part of this, like I said before. And thanks for being so easy to work with! It makes such a different in the final product. I'm so in love with these photos.

Anonymous said...

oh my goodness...stunningly gorgeous photos vanessa! love all of them. fantastic job on this photo shoot, you totally rocked it.

tracy

Stephanie Williams Photography said...

Absolutely Gorgeous Vanessa! What a fun shoot, and the wardrobe and hair is out of this world amazing!

Stephanie Williams Photography said...

Oh, I forgot to add how much I love the new website too - I love getting to see your images larger ;)

Anonymous said...

This shoot is absolutely amazing! Way to go girl!

Anonymous said...

We started at the same time and you're several leagues ahead of me. Your work keeps gettin' better and better!

Keats Elliott Photography said...

V- you are so going to love the b school when it launches! It is going to be the perfect place for creative genius like yours to shine. Imagine being able to dream up "concept" shoots like this one -- and enlist an A team any time you want! You are going to love it!!! And I love the way you think, the way that you shoot and frankly -- just the way you [b] :) You GO GIRL!

Daniel Boswell said...

Nice work girlfriend. One thing though..You forgot to invite your old pal Dan to this session. :)

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!! Wow.. WoW... Wow.

Anonymous said...

Vanessa,
Amazing shoot. I really enjoyed the music you picked. You really have a gift and an eye for the beautiful.
Cheri

Unknown said...

Yay!! Let's do this again! :-D
Hawaii is a MUST!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work, Vanessa!

Anonymous said...

Hi Vanessa!! I had a blast at the shoot! You and Ray are so awesome:) the pics turned out amazing and anytime you would like to shoot again-just let me know! thanks again:)