Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Bella Turns One!

My baby girl turned one today! I can't believe how quickly time has passed. It seems like just yesterday that I brought her home. Motherhood has been a joyous experience. I have to remind myself to savor every moment because it goes by so fast. We are having a pool party for her this weekend (more pictures to follow). My husband and I took her to Pasadena to celebrate. She loves being strolled around so she can look at everyone and everything. However, on this day she preferred being held. I put this darling hat on her that I got from Gigi's. My husband hated it...he said she looked like Phyllis Diller. While that was funny, I made her keep it on. I have to admit, the flower is out of control, but I am a sucker for hats with flowers. She can get me back later.




That is a Johnny Rocket sign in back of her. We are limited to eat at restaurants now that have outdoor seating and that serve the meals within minutes. Even though I was craving gourmet Italian, I had to settle for greasy burgers and fries.




This picture was taken by my husband the day after we came home from the hospital (last year). I use to be able to hold her on my chest...now, she fits across half my body. Amazing!
















I believe I posted these already...but I couldn't resist. These were taken a month ago.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She is amazing! I Love her with all of my heart!

Anonymous said...

Aw, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO BELLA!! Wow, Vanessa, where has the time gone? She has grown up so fast. I love the pic of you holding her the day after coming home from the hospital. I truly wish your baby, a wonderful belated birthday on behalf of my husband and I, may your family continue to enjoy such wonderful times with your baby girl. She's lovely and truly blessed to have such wonderful parents as yourselves. Can't wait to see more pics!